Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Twelve Days of Momma's Christmas

I realize that we have not even celebrated Thanksgiving yet, but I am attempting to get into the Christmas spirit. Like Target and Best Buy and Costco, I suffer from Premature Christmas Celebration. PCC. I have struggled with PCC my entire life. I have to fight the urge every year to dress as Mrs. Claus for Halloween. I want to put Santa hats on all the fall pumpkins. I want to pull out the sleds the minute the temperature dips below 50 degrees outside. My Christmas shopping is usually done two months before Christmas Eve. It’s a sickness, I know.

As an outward manifestation of my PCC desire to bring a little Christmas to our Thanksgiving week—the one hour of listening to The Chipmunks Christmas on Pandora with my kids yesterday while making crafts with pom-poms and pipe cleaners did not quite do it for me—I have decided to write my very own holiday song. Please feel free to sing along to the tune of The Twelve Days of Christmas.


The Twelve Days of Momma’s Christmas

On the first Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me… a dead battery on my cell phone.

On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... two sinks of dirty dishes, and a dead battery on my cell phone.

On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me… three baths to give, two sinks of dirty dishes, and a dead battery on my cell phone.

On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…4th grade math homework, three baths to give, two sinks of dirty dishes, and a dead battery on my cell phone.

On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…five baskets of laundry, 4th grade math homework, three baths to give, two sinks of dirty dishes, and a dead battery on my cell phone.

On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me… six pipe cleaner crafts, five baskets of laundry, 4th grade math homework, three baths to give, two sinks of dirty dishes, and a dead battery on my cell phone.

On the seven day of Christmas, my true love gave to me… seven kids to carpool, six pipe cleaner crafts, five baskets of laundry, 4th grade math homework, three baths to give, two sinks of dirty dishes, and a dead battery on my cell phone.

On the eight day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…eight o’clock dentist visit, seven kids to carpool, six pipe cleaner crafts, five baskets of laundry, 4th grade math homework, three baths to give, two sinks of dirty dishes, and a dead battery on my cell phone.

On the 9th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me… nine friends I never see, eight o’clock dentist visit, seven kids to carpool, six pipe cleaner crafts, five baskets of laundry, 4th grade math homework, three baths to give, two sinks of dirty dishes, and a dead battery on my cell phone.

On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…ten spelling words, nine friends I never see, eight o’clock dentist visit, seven kids to carpool, six pipe cleaner crafts, five baskets of laundry, 4th grade math homework, three baths to give, two sinks of dirty dishes, and a dead battery on my cell phone.

On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…eleven gulps of wine, ten spelling words, nine friends I never see, eight o’clock dentist visit, seven kids to carpool, six pipe cleaner crafts, five baskets of laundry, 4th grade math homework, three baths to give, two sinks of dirty dishes, and a dead battery on my cell phone.

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…twelve cookies burning, eleven gulps of wine, ten spelling words, nine friends I never see, eight o’clock dentist visit, seven kids to carpool, six pipe cleaner crafts, five baskets of laundry, 4th grade math homework, three baths to give, two sinks of dirty dishes, and a dead battery on my cell phone.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon you are the best. I miss you and your family.

Post a Comment