Friday, September 24, 2010

Living on the Edge

It's finally Friday. Woo-hoo! So what does that mean? A whole heck of a lot of nothing. It's not like I am going to go party it up this evening. There will be no carousing...no dancing...no drunken revelry. No...my typical Friday nights are a bit more subdued than all that. Ruanita will be at work. My Friday usually involves hanging out at home...just the kiddos and I. There may be a little Mario Kart involved. I may dabble in some My Little Pony role-playing. If we get really crazy, we might bust out the crayons and coloring books. Dinner will probably consist of a big bowl of popcorn, eaten in front of the television while watching some random Disney movie on-demand from Netflix. The kids will likely pull all the cushions off the couch and spread them out on the living room floor to create a soft spot to lounge while watching said random Disney movie. What can I say? We know how to party up in here....up in here.

Actually, now that I think about it, I have to take Nicholas this afternoon to get his hair cut. I refused to cut his hair a month ago when I took Sophie and Lucas to get their back-to-school cuts. Nicky's hair turned incredibly blonde this summer. I love it. However, I know the lovely stylist at Kids' Hair will cut off all of that gorgeous flaxen hair. What remains will be the dirty dishwater blonde hair his brother and sister share. He will no longer be my little tow-head. I just didn't have the heart to do it a month ago. However, now that a month has passed, his hair is hanging in his eyes...making it difficult for him to play the Wii, his lifelong obsession. So...I guess I have to throw in the towel and admit defeat. Despite my best efforts, it is time to cut off the blonde locks. I might just cry. Then again, a trip to Kids' Hair is a chance to get out of the house. An outing! That may just break up the monotony of my typical Friday. Who knows...I might get really crazy and take the kids to get an ice cream or something while we're out and about.

Yes. I live on the edge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment