Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bedtime Fun

Will the day ever come when I go to bed with my spouse and wake up with (only) my spouse, like a normal married couple? My bed sees more action these days than it has in years....and by "action", I do not mean anything of a recreational nature. Rather, I am referring to a constant rotating stream of bodies that do not belong there. Last night was a typical night in my bed. It went a little something like this...

At 10:00pm last night, I tucked myself into my bed all alone. At 10:30pm, I woke up to the cat biting my feet. I kicked the unwelcome intruder off the bed. I woke again at midnight to find Ruanita snoring next to me. I hadn't heard her come in when she got off work. At 2:00am, I woke up to the rustling sound of Ruanita moving Sophie to the large overstuffed chair in our bedroom to sleep. Apparently, she had come to our bed at some point in the night and her thrashing around was obviously more than Ruanita could handle. At 4:30am, the cat was once again biting me. This time, she was standing on my pillow biting my head. I got out of bed and stumbled blindly to the office to lock her in there. At 5:00am I woke again to Nicholas' hot little body pressed up against me and his dragon breath in my face.

I went to bed alone last night. Counting the cat, there were a total of five rotating people/creatures in my bed during the night. No wonder I am always tired!

0 comments:

Post a Comment