Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Things that bite in the night....

Something bit me last night. At least I think something bit me. I woke up this morning to find that my right index finger was bright red, swollen, and throbbing. What the heck? I have thoroughly examined my finger...as a matter of act, I have done little BUT examine my finger since I woke up this morning...and I can't find a bite mark anywhere. As I type this, my finger is throbbing to the point that I can practically hear it. As a matter of fact, it is almost deafening. So what do you think could have happened? I can't think of anything other than a bug bite of some sort that would cause my finger to swell and throb. Our house is currently infested with ants, but they don't really bite, right? They are more of a repulsive annoyance than anything else. We have also had more than a few spider in our house recently. They like to hang out in the bathtub and make me do my animated little girlie scream and gazelle-like dance when I pull back the shower curtain. I am guessing it is probably a spider bite. With my luck, it was a brown recluse spider and the throbbing is just the first symptom of a long line of painful atrocities that will eventually end with my finger falling completely off and bouncing onto my dinner plate this evening. That would definitely put a damper on my typically jovial dinner with the kiddos. Then again, a finger bouncing on the dinner table may be a welcome alternative after the two...not one, but TWO...glasses of spilled milk I cleaned up last night.

Ouch...I can't type anymore....

0 comments:

Post a Comment