Saturday, July 31, 2010

Bad, bad...oh so bad...dream

I had a strange dream last night. Just a little mini-dream. More of a weird thought than a long narrative. In my dream, I had gone to see my doctor for a pap smear (I have an appointment on Monday, so I am sure that is why I am dreaming about this). As I was laying on the table, my doctor said, "Oh by the way, I did a pregnancy test on you, too. It was positive. It looks like you are pregnant." I immediately began to freak out. "What? I can't be pregnant! How is that even possible? I can't exactly get pregnant by accident." Her response? In my dream, she explained in detail that male sperm can live dormant for months, or even years, inside the female uterus. Therefore, I was pregnant...again...from my insemination five years earlier. I awoke in an utter panic, terrified at how I was going to tell Ruanita that we were having another baby. And, more importantly, how I would explain to her how I managed to get pregnant!

That dream was worse than any boogey-man dream I've ever had. Scarier than any villian lurking in the shadows. Can you imagine the ramifications of sperm that can remain dormant for years and then suddenly come to life?? I shudder at the thought! No wonder I woke up with a pounding heart, a suffocating panic in my chest, and a scream on my lips!

0 comments:

Post a Comment