Saturday, June 05, 2010

Up too early...

It is way too early for me to be up on a Saturday morning. Unfortunately, Ruanita and I both got kicked out of our bed by three little urchins who are happily snoozing there now. Ruanita is asleep on the couch. I have a bit of a headache, so I am sucking down the coffee, hoping an early-morning shot of caffeine will kick it. I know the day will eventually come when I will miss the joy of my children's early morning snuggles, but I am SO not there yet. There is nothing joyful about being awakened at 4:00am to the sensation of an elbow in your nose or a head-butt to the base of your skull. There is nothing sweet or wistful about a sweaty preschooler smothering you with his ever-present blankies and his hot, dragon breath. I am all for cuddles and hugs, but can't we at least wait until the sun is up, people?

0 comments:

Post a Comment