Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Busy, busy, busy...

I actually have the time to write leisurely in my blog today, and I can't think of a single thing to write about. Every available brain cell I have is already engaged to capacity in vacation preparations. The next six days are going to be busy, busy, busy. I started trying to set aside clothes for the kids last night. I realize that we are not leaving for six days and it may seem a bit premature to be packing already. However, at the rate my children dirty clothes, I should have started a week ago to ensure that they have clean clothes to take with us. As I write this, my bedroom floor is littered with piles of clothes ready to be packed away for travel. I don't do the actual packing. I prepare everything to be packed. However, Ruanita is the professional in the family when it comes to packing. She has this amazingly uncanny ability to take a stack of clothes four feet high and fit them into a 15-inch suitcase. How does she do it? I can't even begin to fathom her tricks of the trade. Suffice it to say that she has organizational skills beyond that of a mere mortal. As for me, organization is not my strong suit. I do, however, have a very specific skill set that comes in handy on occasion. I have the ability to spend money like a disgraced CEO. That's right...if there is anything that needs to be purchased for our trip, I am the go-to woman. Target and I are tight. As a matter of fact, Target has a selection of children's DVD on sale for $4.75 right now. I envision a Target trip in my very near future. New DVD's are an essential means to entertain rowdy hooligans on a 14-hour car drive, right? I am also thinking that I need to buy five new toothbrush holders. Ruanita usually opts for the Ziploc bag storage method for toothbrushes. However, on a 7-day trip, that could get a bit messy. I think new sturdy plastic toothbrush holders are in order. Yea...definitely need to head to Target...if not today, then tomorrow. Hmmm...what else do we need? I should make a list. OK...those brain cells are firing now. Nothing like the potential of a shopping trip to perk up the gray matter on a dreary Wednesday morning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment