Sunday, May 09, 2010

To mothers everywhere...


It's 6:30am on Mother's Day morning. I have finally been pushed out of my own bed by the three little bodies (two human, one feline) who insisted on invading my space in the middle of the night. So I sit here, drinking a Diet Pepsi, trying to wake up enough to face the day and prepare for the Mother's Day brunch that will take place at my house later this morning. In the meantime, I thought I would post a little ode to mothers everyone. This one is for you:

I think I've lost some memory
Since my three precious children were born
I don't remember sleeping late
One a lazy Sunday morn.

I don't remember quiet dinners
With candlelight and wine,
Or getting up and ready for work
And making it there on time.

I don't remember summer days
Just lounging on the beach,
And those memories of "date nights" out
Are somehow out of reach.

I don't remember long warm baths
With bubbles and a good book,
Or my favorite TV program
Or a movie worth a look.

I can't remember all those things
I spent time on yesterday,
And I can't remember my life
Being any other way.

And as I lay them down at night
And kiss my boys and girl,
I can't remember so much happiness
Such love and joy in my world.
-Anonymous


Happy Mother's Day! May we continue to fight the good fight....though we all know we have no chance in hell of winning this war! ;) We may be overworked, outnumbered, and underappreciated, but we are doing the most important work in the world, ladies! Have a wonderful Mother's Day! Do something special for yourselves today.


1 comments:

Jen said...

Very nice post... Happy Momma's Day to you too

Post a Comment