Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A little jaunt through hell...

This evening, my children and I will be taking a little jaunt into the fiery pits of hell. At precisely 4:00pm, I will pile them into the minivan (automotive proof that evil exists in this world, I believe) and will drive them to Edina to subject us all to that infernal place of agony and anguish. That's right...we're going to Chuck E. Cheese.

To this point, I have successfully avoided the heinous Chuck E. Cheese phenomenon, for the most part. We took Lucas once (and only once) when he was about a year old. Ruanita swore from that point on that she would never again step foot in that repulsive place in her lifetime. Being true to her word, she is working this evening and will be missing our Chuck E. Cheese trip. Rather, my sister and my mother are going with us. The utterly insane part...and proof positive that I HAVE lost my mind...is that my children do not even like pizza. With the exception of Nicholas, who will eat it occasionally, my kids do not like pizza at all. Sophie and Lucas will only eat breadsticks or cheesesticks when we get pizza. So...not only am I taking my kids to dinner at a place that I can only describe as a wicked, brat-infested, snot-infected, germ-factory. I will likely have to make them a second dinner when we get home. Yea...I've lost it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment