Thursday, March 04, 2010

March Funk

I'm in a mood today and I don't know why. I've been in a mood for a week now. I've been eating everything in site...moping around the house....barely playing with the kids. I don't know what is wrong with me. I think I have developed a bad case of that most dreaded of diseases...the March Funk.

Living the first 25 years of my life in Kentucky, I have come to expect certain things from the month of March. In March, it should rain....alot. In March, we should see the first flowers blooming. There should be daffodils and tulips. In March, it should be 60 degrees outside.....barely sweatshirt weather. In March, there should be no more need for coats and hats and gloves. In March, you should see people out and about in shorts....those eager early souls. In March, there should be at least one day that you can pull out the old flip-flops. In March. the grass should turn from brown to green...the whole world should green up. In March, everyone I know should be wearing Kentucky Blue...basketball is God in March in Kentucky. In March, windows should be open...fresh air should fill the house.

There are things, however, that should never...ever...happen in March. I should never have to worry about busting my butt on the ice that is blanketing my entire yard. As a matter of fact, the only ice I should be seeing in March at all is the ice in my margarita. I should not be wrestling with getting snow suits on the kids in March. I should not have to waste hours of my life searching for Sophie's elusive second mitten that always seems to be missing. I should not have to put on snow boots to go for a walk. And worse yet, I should NOT have to beg my children to put on their snow boots. I should not have pay good money to take my kids to an "indoor" playground because the outdoor ones are all covered in snow and ice. I should see ducks swimming in the water, not walking on top of it. I should not be receiving a $250 gas bill in March. I should NOT still have the snowiest month of the year ahead of me.

I know...I know...I moved to Minnesota of my own accord. It sounded like a good idea at the time. Of course, it was May when I first visited this state and Memorial Day when I moved here. If I had only known....

1 comments:

Jen said...

Move back to Kentucky girl... lol We had pretty nice day here today, in the 50's with a chilly breeze, it was a nice break in the weather.

Post a Comment