Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Invasion of Privacy?

I heard on the radio this morning on the way to work that they are going to be installing full-body scanners at the Minneapolis/St Paul airport. This has caused quite an uproar because the scanners can see through clothing, and this is seen as an invasion of privacy. Personally, I have no problem with this. I am well aware that I do not have a rock star body. I am ok with some random person that I do not know and will never see again seeing my body in the interest of the safety of myself and my children,

However, I am concerned for the poor scanner operator who has to inspect all of those naked bodies. Can you imagine the sheer ugliness that person would encounter on a daily basis. Seriously...imagine for a moment the freaks and weirdos that you have seen hanging out at the airport. Now imagine having to see each and every one of those weirdos naked. Imagine not being able to turn away. The heinousness that would be forever burned into your retinas! Those poor, poor scanner operators.

0 comments:

Post a Comment