Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day One: Kind Words

So yesterday was day one of Ruanita's foray into stay-at-home motherhood. It was not all the peace, love, and sunshine I expected it to be. While in the car yesterday afternoon, following our unfortunate Open House incident, Ruanita asked me if I was was planning on paying attention while driving. I quickly responded by asking her if she was planning on being judgmental and bitchy all the time now. Oops!

In my defense, Ruanita has been told for thirteen long years that nothing annoys me more than her criticism of my driving. Particularly considering the fact that I drive everywhere we go because her aggressive driving style scares the entire family.

I suspect we are going to experience a short adjustment period while we learn to live together again seven days a week. We were able to laugh off the words we had yesterday. I suspect there will be more to come. However, despite petty arguments, it was nothing short of wonderful to have her home last night. I am looking forward to many more nights to come.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am loving the interplay of the two of you as you get to know each other again. This will be fun for me to read as you struggle it out. :) Just kidding.

Post a Comment