Thursday, March 31, 2011

What the Hell?!? Wednesday

I am starting a new feature on my blog I am entitling What the Hell?! Wednesdays. Yes...yes...I know today is Thursday. However, in typical Shannon fashion, I am a day late and dollar short. Let's pretend it is Wednesday and I promise to get on track after today. Every Wednesday, I will be writing about something my children did or said, or something annoying that happened in my life, that caused me to shake my head and mutter, “What the hell?!”

Today's What the Hell?! moment involves another run-in with the infinitely capable and immensely intelligent employees of our local McDonalds. Last night the kids begged me for Happy Meals. Because I did not feel like cooking—and because I secretly wanted to go out anyway and get Noodles & Company for myself—I agreed to hit the drive-thru at McDonalds. I loaded the kids in the van and we were off. I ordered Sophie and Nicholas 4-piece chicken McNugget Happy Meals and Lucas a 6-piece Mighty Kids Meals. I should know to check the bags when they hand them to me. I should have learned my lesson the last time when I had to endure the fall-out from the disastrous “girl toy” debacle. Unfortunately, however, I am not a quick study and I did not check the bags. When I got home and pulled the Happy Meals out of their bags, I discovered to my dismay, that there were no nuggets in Sophie's and Nicholas' Happy Meals. Only lukewarm fries and cheap plastic toys. WHAT THE HELL?! We had already pulled off coats and boots and even clothing, in the case of my nudity-loving children. So there was no way I was going to load everyone back into the minivan to drive all the way back to McDonalds. I divided Lucas' six nuggets among the three children and endured their stares of disdain when I handed them their dinner of two chicken nuggets each and a plate full of cold french fries. Ahhh...McDonalds. I do so hate you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T67DvoH2H3E

Watch this video and you will not purchase chicken nuggets from McDonald"s ever again. This is real and sickening. Better to buy from a grocery store where they use real chicken.

Post a Comment