Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Holidays!

I have been neglecting my blog this week. I apologize. The holidays get me all giddy and giggly and unable to form a single snarky thought. By mid-afternoon yesterday, I was in a tryptophan and wine-induced state of bliss. I wouldn't want to confuse my loyal readers with sickeningly sweet merriment, so I try not to blog when under the influence of mashed potatoes and Beaujolais. I promise to be back to my usual self soon. As a matter of fact, Ruanita and I plan on putting up and decorating our Christmas tree with our three children this evening. That may just prove to be a blog-worthy debacle. Last year, I screamed at Ruanita and stormed out of the house in a fit of rage when, after spending half an hour untangling them, every single strand of our Christmas tree lights had a burnt out bulb. Luckily, we have a Walgreen's a block from our house and I was able to buy new lights, calm the surging beast within with a Starbucks bottled mocha, and return home to wrestle a massively tangled pile of little metal ornament hooks. We shall see what delights this evening has to offer.

In the meantime, I would like to extend a heartfelt Happy Holidays to all of my friends and family. May the next month find you reveling in love and laughter, and may you find peace in your heart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment