Friday, September 03, 2010

Sophie

I love my daughter. She is sassy and smart. She is stubborn and cantankerous. She is fickle and moody and opinionated and argumentative. She is everything that drives me crazy all rolled up into one dirty-blonde little diva. You would think, because she has all of these characteristics that drive me insane, I would want to change her. I would want to somehow make her more docile...more manageable. Amazingly, however, I feel quite the opposite. We butt heads constantly, but I adore her. I look at her and feel such a swell of pride. All of the characteristics that drive me to the brink of sanity right now will one day be the traits that make her an amazing woman. Her intelligence will open many doors for her. Her stubbornness will keep her from being railroaded. Her opinionated nature will allow her to be heard. As I sit here looking at her while she watches cartoons, I can practically see the little wheels in her head turning. She has such a spark about her. I have no doubt that she will be successful in whatever it is she decides to do with her life. She pushes my buttons like no other creature on this earth ever has, but she is my only baby girl and one of my greatest joys. If I do nothing else my entire life, I feel like I have made a meaningful contribution by bringing this amazing person into the world.



Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment