Monday, August 09, 2010

Random Thoughts on My Day

Some random observations about my day:

1. Mondays suck. There is no way around it. Regardless of the level of relaxation you achieve over the weekend.....regardless of how Zen you feel as you walk through those doors on Monday morning, happily sipping your latte and humming to yourself.....it doesn't matter. Monday will get you. It will break your spirit. It will pummel the hell out of you as quickly as you can say, "Good morning."

2. For some inexplicable reason, I really miss Lucas when he spends the night with his grandma.

3. Nicholas misses him even more, as evidenced by the fact that it is 9:00 at night and Nicky is sitting on the couch watching me type this. He can't go to bed without Lucas in their bedroom. I tried laying down with him for a while, which didn't work out so well. And, which brings me to my fourth observation....

4. I am incapable of staying conscious if I get into a horizontal position any time after 7pm. Yep... I was snoring in Nicholas' bed in a matter of minutes.

5. My house is no longer baby-proofed. My 10 month old nephew, Sullivan, spent the afternoon at my house. He managed to eat a few crayons, bang his head on the stove, get bitch-slapped by the cat, and slobber all over one of the Wii controllers (to Lucas' and Nicholas' great displeasure) in a matter of a few short hours.

6. Nicholas is an advertiser's dream. He is enamored of every single commercial that comes on the television. He asked me tonight if I would buy him some Yoplait yogurt because it "strengthens bone health." He also asked if I would buy him a feather duster because "it is yellow and it cleans...it cleans really good." That boy has never cleaned a thing in his life, and he wants a feather duster!

7. Watching America's Got Talent tonight, I came to the realization that I am somehow out of the popular cultural loop. When did Brett Michaels become cool again? "Every rose has its thorn. Just like every night has its dawn. Just like every cowboy sings a sad sad song. Every rose has its thorn."

8. I adore mommy/daughter time with Sophie. She and I ran out to the store today to pick up a few things to bake a cake. Just the two of us. She gets downright giddy when "The S Girls" get to hang out alone together. Tomorrow, she will excitedly don her pink apron and matching chef's hat and "help" me bake that cake. God, I love that girl!

9. My mother has been practicing her Scrabble game. She actually managed to beat me one out of three games today, which is practically unheard of. Perhaps my mad Scrabble skills are not infallible? Naw...it was a fluke. I think the sun was in my eyes.

10. I have become a compulsive liar...and my daughter is not that bright. Every night, she asks me if she can go upstairs with me to sleep in my bed when I go up. Every night I tell her yes, as long as she stays in her own bed while I wash the dishes/clean up the living room/take a shower...or whatever other excuse I can come up with to put her off for a while. She is always asleep in her bed within ten minutes. Should I be concerned that she has yet to catch on to my little ploy?

0 comments:

Post a Comment