Thursday, May 06, 2010

Looking like a girl....

I have decided that I am going to buy a new dress to wear to my cousin's wedding in Kentucky next month. Way back when I first found out he was getting married the weekend of the big family reunion, I told myself that if I could lose 20 more pounds before then, I would wear a dress to the wedding. Instead, I gained 10 pounds. Oops. However, I have decided to embrace my femininity...complete with all of its curves...and wear a dress anyway. Now comes the chore of actually going out and finding one that doesn't make me look like I am in drag.

I haven't worn a dress since my wedding day ten years ago. I wore dresses all the time as a child. However, as an adult, I've never really been comfortable in them. I am not anti-dress. I actually like dresses. I just feel self-conscious in one for some strange reason. However, I have made a decision. I am 37 years old. I am done with feeling self-conscious. It is time to be me...time to revel in myself. If I don't do it now, when will I do it? So...I am going to wear a dress to my cousin's wedding. I am going to dress up...accessorize....get glam. I might just even curl my hair. Watch out everyone! Shannon is going to look like a girl.

I just have to remember to buy me some Spanx.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait!!

Jen said...

Have fun shopping for a dress :) I would love to find some nice, simple everyday summer dresses to wear around the farm.

Denise Dworakoski said...

I totally will go shopping with you--it can be fun if you are with people!! Every dress is different. I see you wearing a nice a-line-and I can't describe the top but I will know when I see it! FUn!Denise

Post a Comment