Wednesday, March 03, 2010

I finally received my new Dell laptop in the mail and I think that I am in love. Is it sinful to fall in love with a material possession? It probably is. However, I have come to the conclusion that I can afford to be a little sinful in this regard. I have never murdered anyone. I've never stolen anything. I don't do drugs. I've never been a prostitute or used a prostitute. I have never abused a child or hit anyone in my life (with the exception of my sisters when I was a child...but they had it coming). I drink in moderation and I do not smoke. I've never committed adultery or coveted my neighbor's wife. In the greater scheme of things, I am doing pretty damn good on the sin scale. Therefore, I believe that I can commit the sin of being in love with a material possession...idolatry?... and still be ok. Then again, it is probably a sin to calculate exactly how much sin I think I can get away with. Hmmm...maybe I am not doing as well as I think. Oh well...I can't help myself. I am in love with my new laptop. Sinful or not, it makes me incredibly happy. Giddy even. And did I mention that it is cherry red? Such a sinful color!

0 comments:

Post a Comment