Friday, March 26, 2010

Brother


I love my brother, Matt. He lives in Kentucky...about 750 miles too far away. I do a horrible job of keeping in touch with him, but he is truly one of my favorite people in this entire world. Being the only boy in the family and the baby of the family, my sisters and I refer to him simply as Brother, as if that were his name. Brother managed to survive growing up in a household of women. My dad died of cancer when my brother was only three years old. He has no memory of our dad. Having three sisters, he spent his childhood surrounded by women and all things feminine. He's seen women in all their glory...the good, the bad, and the downright ugly. As a result, I think he has a wonderful sense of respect for women as human beings that he acquired in the trenches. I say "in the trenches" because I am certain it was not easy for him being the only masculine voice in an indubitably female-dominated house. However, through it all, he has maintained a remarkable sense of humor and is truly one of the kindest men I have ever met. He provides me with a real sense of optimistic hope for my own boys who are being raised in a household of women. I pray that they can grow up to be just like their Uncle Matt.

That being said...I am afraid that I am going to have to annihilate him. It appears at this point that it will likely be either Brother or I that wins our NCAA bracket challenge. $180 and bragging rights are on the line. He is a police officer and an ex-Marine....the epitome of all things masculine and strong. However, he is about to get stomped by a girl. You heard that right. I hate the thought of a man crying, but I am afraid that it is unavoidable. The University of Kentucky is playing in prime form. They are going to win it all....then I am going to win it all. Sorry, Brother. You're getting crushed by a girl. Since you have such an admirably healthy respect for women, I am sure you can handle it. Love you, man!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment